Friday, October 7, 2011



Team-viewer 
is a program for the ultimate couch potato! 
(and a great program for the ultimate classroom as well!)

Let me explain how we are using team-viewer in our 5th grade class...

Each student has a lap top that they are able to take home each night, and bring to class to use each day. We do many activities, including math on our lap tops in class.  I can access any student's lap top from the front of the room via my smart-board or the computer at my desk thanks to team viewer. This comes in very handy when I am helping a student with a complex algebra problem and I need to demonstrate how the problem went wrong Or perhaps the student made a common miscalculation, I can display the problem on the smart board and walk through it step by step with the whole class. This also works great for journal sharing, and collaborative works. 

Team-viewer also came in very handy on my last sick day. I was able to access all the computers in the classroom and check journals, assignments and help a few students all from my home. 

As long as both your computer you are working at and the computer you are connecting too have the program, you can basically work remotely from your living room on any work station...ANYWHERE! (see why this may promote couch potato-ness?)

Just check this out to get a better idea of how you can use Teamviewer!!



-Mrs K

1 comment:

  1. Too bad they didn't have Screenr or a simple movie maker to record audio on that tutorial. We could make that thing come alive. Looking forward to your class demo!

    ReplyDelete